Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Clear headed

Well, 2007 is the first year with all good MRI scans! (Hopefully the first of many!)

Everything looked exactly the same today as it did in September, which is a good thing. My neuro test was great, too. Apple, Fox, and Popcorn were the three words to remember, and I even had to correct the nurse practitioner, who was drawing a numeral six on my hand while my eyes were closed, but she was accidentally drawing it backwards.

And there was good news on top of good news -- I had lost four pounds, too.

Unless I develop any weird symptoms I won't have another scan for eight more weeks. I'm a third of the way toward going treatment-free, if things continue to go well.

Much thanks again for all the many prayers that made this possible and bearable!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's TERRIFIC news Krista! I'm so happy for you and your family! I'll keep the prayers coming. Happy Thanksgiving next week with a few extras to be thankful for.

Many (((hugs)))
Teri

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, Krista!

You are constantly beating the odds. Keep it up.

Love ya!

Jeri
PS I will be in Utah for Thanksgiving. Wish you could be there too. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Give Jared and the kids a hug for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Krista!
Congratulations on you great MRI..Ive been reading your posts for a while now and i was just wondering if you could let me know what your chemo protcol is?? my 36 year old brother was diagnosed 20 months ago he's doing great he has been on the avastin protocol now for a year and its up to us if we should stop just wondering what you were on and how long?? I love reading your blogs and i continue to pray for your great health...Thanks in advance Laura my email address is mltesa@sympatico.ca