Thursday, September 17, 2009

Answered Prayers/Having a Blast

I don't know how much available space remains on this blog, but it doesn't matter -- there still wouldn't be enough room to list the many ways prayers have been answered for me. There is great power in prayer, and I continue to appreciate the many prayers that have been offered on my behalf.

In my morning petitions I have sometimes felt prompted to ask for the opportunity to help someone that day. Each time I have done that, I have been put in touch with someone else who is dealing with glioblastoma or cancer of another type. I am certain (or at least certainly hopeful) that my prayers are not creating the disease, but rather creating the opportunity to consecrate this life experience to a good purpose. ("Because I have been given much, I too must give...")

I have also been contacted via comments and questions on my blog, by people who do not know how to reach me directly. Some have provided me with their contact information, and it has been a privilege to be able to contact them. I have gotten to know some really wonderful people who share this unwelcome circumstance.

I finally decided to do something more about this. I have just created an email support group for glioblastoma survivors and those who love us. It's on Yahoogroups, and it's called (fittingly) "Having a Blast." Those who are interested may subscribe (it's free) by sending an email to:

havingablast-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

It's a place where more people can share what's on their mind!

No comments: