Monday, January 12, 2009

...and...THIRTY-SEVEN!

My mom called today and noted that when children turn three, parents usually stop counting their ages in months. She wanted to know if I was still going to count my survival birthdays in months. It was her way of reminding me that today is the twelfth, which means that I have completed another month of survival!

I'm celebrating in the morning with a trip through the MRI tube after a nice three-month hiatus. The drum roll has already started, and will continue until about noon tomorrow. But I'll be keeping my nerves steady like I normally do -- by floating on the faith and prayers of so many. (Thank you!!)

Meanwhile, to answer Mom's question: Yes, I will still keep track of my survival birthdays in monthly increments, and I hope it continues long enough to become really ridiculous. We still notice the days when our children get a month older. My husband and I have been married for more than twenty years, and we still celebrate our "month-a-versary" on the 20th of each month. We always try to see who is faster at calculating how many months we've been married. (Even though it got tougher after our 13th anniversary, because Schoolhouse Rock only taught us our multiplication tables through the twelves.)

I value my family and my life. I'm happy to celebrate both as frequently and as long as I can!

No comments: