Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm Walking!

I'll be four days post-op (tympanoplasty) but as long as I keep it to a walk, I'll be joining Dr. Fink's team (Fink's Fighters) at the 4th Annual Dallas/Ft. Worth Brain Tumor Walk on November 7!

This event benefits the National Brain Tumor Society (NBTS), which funds vital brain tumor research across North America. As the benefactor of this research, I am happy to support this cause. My husband, son, and daughter are joining me in this, and we each have a $250 fundraising goal so that the "Mighty Oakes" can contribute $1000 to NBTS.

This means the four of us are each looking for 10 people willing to donate $25, or 25 people willing to donate $10. (See, I can still do math!) Donations can be made online using the links below:

My fundraising page:
Dallas-Ft. Worth Brain Tumor Walk:

Jared's fundraising page:
Dallas-Ft. Worth Brain Tumor Walk:

Jacob's fundraising page:
Dallas-Ft. Worth Brain Tumor Walk:

Emma's fundraising page:
Dallas-Ft. Worth Brain Tumor Walk:

If you're in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and would like to walk on the Fink's Fighters team, go to Dallas-Ft. Worth Brain Tumor Walk: and click on the "join team" link.

Any and all support is very much appreciated!

No comments: