Wednesday, September 12, 2007

...and TWENTY ONE!

It's my birthday again! Twenty-one months since my cancer diagnosis, or as Lance Armstrong would say, since the day I started living again.

I'm far beyond the expected lifespan, and well over the hump toward becoming a long-term survivor (which in this case is defined as three years post-diagnosis).

I spent this morning finishing up an ISO recertification audit, and then my husband and I stopped briefly at our local family history center to process some family history records. Tonight my son and I have a karate lesson. Meanwhile, I think I'll celebrate with a nap. In-between all this, I'm washing my hands and slathering them with sanitizer lotion like an obsessive-compulsive. But it's not bad for having half my brain tied behind my back for 21 months!

4 comments:

LCM said...

What a wonderful thing to read! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Happy happy! I'm celebrating with you!

Anonymous said...

Tanjyobi omedetou! ^_^

Craig Farnsworth said...

I just learned of your blog and find it very inspirational. I am also blogging about my newly diagnosed GBM at www.factbasedspiritguidedpath.blogspot.com.