Monday, December 19, 2005

Clarion Call for a Miracle

On the one hand, I feel prepared to accept the Lord's will in all things. I do not want to ask for anything amiss.

On the other hand, I know that God is All-Powerful. He created all things and commands all things - every element and particle of life. All creations are subject to His will. Miracles can and do happen all the time.

Last night my husband and I talked about things, and it occurred to us that we should ask for that miracle. A miracle of remission. A miracle of healing and commanding the cancer to depart from my body. A miracle of treatment opportunities that will extend my life.

This morning my brother expressed a similar prompting. This evening our bishop's wife brought over dinner and expressed their family's discussion about the same thing. They feel the need to pray for a miracle and intend to "weary the Lord" on my behalf.

So here we go. I think it is time that we ask. We can still say "Thy will be done", but we can ask for this miracle. All things are possible with faith and prayer, subject to His will. The outcome is not certain, because we do not know His will. But we can show our hope and our faith by praying for this miracle, doing all we can, and then accepting the outcome with full knowledge that it was in accordance with a Heavenly plan.

Please let the prayers begin. Be specific and faithful. Be willing to accept the Lord's will, but express this collective desire for an extension of my life, for a remission of the cancer, and for the most effective treatments possible at the hands of skilled professionals.

Sometimes the miracle is not a specific outcome, but is instead the type of miracle that occurs in the hearts of the faithful as they express righteous desires to the Lord. We can petition for all that the Lord will do under these circumstances. I hope there is a specific type of outcome. I really want to survive this cancer. I want to live as long as I can, to raise my children and be with my family and accomplish all that can be done with my life. I ask all to please help me pray for this miracle. Once we have done this, I ask all to faithfully accept the outcome within the will of the Lord, grateful for all that will be done on my behalf.

10 comments:

Rachelle said...

I am praying for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

You and your family will be in our prayers.

Heather said...

Krista,

Your words have always inspired me. ALWAYS. Thank you. I will add a miracle on your behalf to my prayers.

Love,
Heather

Faith said...

Krista,

I've been praying for a miracle on your behalf, and will continue to do so.

Love,
Faith

Anonymous said...

i will also be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I will absolutely pray for a miracle. I pray God will grant this miracle knowing that because you touch so many lives, countless people will be given hope as a result of witnessing your miracle.
Love, Claudia

WendyLou said...

Praying for the miracle. I started praying for it after I googled Glioblastoma Stage 4. (Don't).

I'd fast as well, but I can't.

I know that miracles happen. After being told it would take a lot of medical intervention for a pregnancy, here I am pregnant.

Anonymous said...

I was reading the November conference issue this morning and came across Elder Nelson's talk called Jesus Christ - the Master Healer. I instantly thought of you and your family. I would like to quote one part that I found particularly important.

Elder Nelson says:

"I recognize that, on occasion, some of our most fervent prayers may seem to go unanswered. We wonder, "Why?" I know that feeling! I know the fears and tears of such moments. But I also know that our prayers are never ignored. Our faith is never unappreciated. I know that an all-wise Heavenly Father's perspective is much broader than is ours. While we know of our mortal problems and pain, He knows of our immortal progress and potential. If we pray to know His will and submit ourselves to it with patience and courage, heavenly healing can take place in His own way and time."

I have such faith in you. You are an amazing woman. Thank you for your example and courage to fight and not just give up. You have changed my life for good!!

Love,

Mary

Anonymous said...

Count us in!!!
We love you.
The Webb Family

Anonymous said...

Krista and family,
Please know that you are in our prayers and we will be asking for that miracle.
Love, Kim Evan and Tyler Tilton