Saturday, December 31, 2005

Should auld acquaintance be forgot

Being New Year's Eve, the song "Auld Lang Syne" keeps going through my head. (Yeah, that cancer-riddled head!)

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,And never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot, And auld lang syne?

The translation from Scottish into English is:

Should old friendships be forgotten and never remembered? Should old friendships be forgottenAnd old friends and days?

Well, the good news is that my memory was left intact from my surgery, so I didn't really forget anything. And how could I possibly forget old friendships, when I have been constantly reminded of them through kind emails, phone calls, letters, cards, gifts, and acts of kind service.

I will never forget my friends and my family members. They are very dear to me. My hope is that the relationships I treasure will outlast me, in that they will continue far into the eternities.

Happy New Year!

No comments: