Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Ironic Song

The other day we had some friends over, and we pulled out the Playstation 2 with its Karaoke Revolution game for some singing fun. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE singing, and unless I am a master at self-control I tend to hog the mic whenever we play this game. I did a few ballads and stuff, but I eventually chose what I called the "ironic song" - FAME.

Fame - I'm gonna live forever (uh...I wish!)
I'm gonna learn how to fly high (yeah, right, 0 for 2)
I feel it coming together
People will see me and cry (okay, maybe that's an accurate prediction about my wake?)
I'm gonna make it to heaven (HOPEFULLY an accurate prediction)
Light up the sky like a flame (not sure how that would work, unless it involves some bizarro cremation technique)
Fame - I'm gonna live forever (okay, perhaps if we mean post-resurrection)
Baby, remember my name (a good request for my 7-month old daughter, Emma)

No comments: