Monday, January 23, 2006

Jesus, Take the Wheel

My mom called this morning to let me know that countrywestern music has redeemed itself a little bit. (There is an earlier post in this blog about why I hate countrywestern music!) She told me about a new song called, "Jesus, Take the Wheel", performed by Carrie Underwood.

Now, I like Carrie Underwood, because I am a HUGE fan of the TV Show, "American Idol". She was the last season's winner (although I actually voted for Bo Bice, the runner up). But she was a worthy winner. Her voice is really good. And I thought the title was kind of interesting, since I am under doctor's orders not to drive, so someone has to literally take the wheel for me every day. But it's a song about someone who has a dangerous roadway situation, and who also later decides to make her life right, and both times she asks Jesus to "take the wheel". The idea of putting our lives and our problems in the Lord's hands is the point of this song, which is something I believe in strongly. Carie sings (and now my heart sings along):

Jesus, take the wheel!
Take it from my hands 'cause I can't do this all on my own
I'm letting go, so give me one more chance to save me from this road I'm on
Jesus, take the wheel!


(Thanks, Mom, for the song pick!)

2 comments:

mikster said...

That's a very good song...and it's just been the last few years I've started to like country music.

Anonymous said...

Krista-
I am a student of your father's and don't wish to reveal myself as I don't want recognition or "credit" for reading your blog. That aside, you are an amazingly strong woman. I sat here reading many of your blog entries (past my bedtime) with tears in my eyes, laughter on my lips, and hope in my heart. My prayers are with you.